Sarah M. King
- Estate and Gift Tax Planning
- Estate and Family Wealth Planning
- Business Succession Planning
- Trust and Estate Administration
- Charitable Giving
LLM Taxation, Golden Gate Law
JD, Stanford Law School
BA, Allegheny College
Ms. King specializes in trusts and estates law, helping clients plan for the transfer of wealth to future generations and the achievement of charitable goals. Ms. King’s practice includes advising clients on a variety of tax matters, including estate, gift, income and real property taxes.
In addition to estate planning, Ms. King represents trustees, executors and beneficiaries in trust and probate administration matters, as well as a variety of tax exempt organizations, including public charities and private foundations, in connection with organizational matters and the administration of charitable gifts and trusts.
Prior to joining Stephenson Kasper & King, Ms. King was a Director and Shareholder in the Litigation Department of Howard Rice Nemerovski Canady Falk and Rabkin, P.C., a Litigation Associate in the New York office of Paul Weiss Rifkind Wharton & Garrison, and law clerk to the Hon. Warren J. Ferguson of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Prior to law school, Ms. King worked in Lima, Peru as a writer and researcher at the Andean Commission of Jurists and as an English Teacher in Okayama, Japan.
Memberships & Affiliations
- 2011 President, Queen’s Bench Bar Association
- Member, Bar Association of San Francisco, Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Section
- Member, American Bar Association
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation